On October 3rd, 2018, Pack Committee has confirmed on the following Operation Guiding Principal:
Goal: As Pack 996 grows beyond 100 scouts, we want to make volunteering at Pack 996 a rewarding and encouraging experience.
- Honor requests from Den Leaders
- Balance Dens and limit the size of a Den (BSA recommends 5-8 scouts per Den)
Requests from parents will be taken into account ONLY AFTER the above considerations.
Den Leaders’ Dos and Don’ts:
- Den Leaders have the right to watch out for their workload.
- Den Leaders communicate with other Den Leaders and Pack Leaders.
- Den Leaders have the authority to delegate responsibilities based on an event or at on-going basis.
- Den Leaders don’t have to follow up more than three times with a parent on the same issue.
- Den Leaders don’t have to apologize for not wanting to increase the Den size.
- Existing scouts will risk losing his or her seat in the Den.
- $100 donation is needed to make up for the lack of participation in Popcorn Fundraise.
- Late registration can wait up to one month to get your Den assignment.
- In the case that we cannot find a new Den, the parent needs to form a new Den and step up as the Den Leader.
- The parents may have to catch up on the missed adventures.