- We will meet at the Bear Creek Staging Area.
- From Highway 24, take the Happy Valley Road exit and go north.
- Turn right at Bear Creek Road and drive a short distance to the staging area (on the right).
- We will hike the Abrigo Valley Trail to the Santos Trail and Wee Ta Chi group camp and return.
- More shaded than its sister hike along Old Briones Road Trail, this hike offers some respite from the heat during warmer weather. Watch for lizards, ground squirrels, and raptors. Length: 2.66 miles. Trail type: natural and fire road. Trail condition: smooth. Amenities at trailhead: parking ($3 per vehicle), picnic areas, restrooms, information, water. Amenities on trail: benches, restrooms, water. Elevation gain: 260 feet. Maximum grade: 10%.
Hikers should wear closed toe shoes and be prepared with their Cub Scout Six Essentials for Hiking.