Join all of Pack 996 for our annual Fall Campout! This year we will be going to Rancho Los Mochos. This is a great chance for new and experienced campers to enjoy a one night camping experience that is close to home.
- Please sign-up by ordering 1 ticket for EACH family member who will be attending. Be sure to include your scout’s name and den number when ordering.
- The $10 per person fee will be returned to everyone who attends the campout
- A maximum of 150 people can attend this camping event so sign-up quickly!
- Note that parking is limited to ONLY 30 SPACES. We will be distributing parking passes to carpoolers so please plan to travel together
Schedule: To be announced through email
Harming Wildlife Discipline Policy: Any Scout, Sibling, or any other member of a Scout’s family found to have willfully & maliciously inflicted injury or death to any wildlife will be asked to leave the event immediately. The Scout’s entire family will be asked to leave the event, and a meeting will be arranged between the Scout’s family and Cubmaster for the week following the event to discuss the situation.
If you witness any violation of this policy: Notify the Leader in charge of the event and the Cubmaster (if present) immediately so the action can be taken to prevent further harm to wildlife.
What can I bring into the event?
- Here is a website for those who are new to camping: http://pack996.champlearningacademy.com/scout-resource/new-campers-2/
- You will also receive an update before the event
How do I reach the campsite?
- The location is Rancho Los Mochos Boy Scouts Camp, 18450 Mines Road, Livermore, CA 94550
- While your GPS can lead you to the camp, you will not have cell service after you pass Livermore. The road into the camp is very narrow and not maintained, please bring a bigger car, car pool as much as possible, plan to make one trip into the campground on-time, and don’t leave until Sunday late morning to avoid two-way traffic. After entering the camp, you will see a small parking lot on the left with tables and benches. You should unload there then park your car further up in the bigger parking lot. Please park your car with the front facing out to ensure a quick and safe exit in the case of emergency.
Where can I find more information about the campground?
What is the money for?
- The money collected through is used as a deposit for the camping event.
What’s the refund policy?
- The Pack will refund the $10/person fee for everyone who attends the camp. If you purchase a ticket, but do not attend, you will not receive a refund.