McCaulou’s (589 San Ramon Valley Blvd, Danville)
- Prices are higher than the official BSA stores, but it is very close/convenient.
- Inventory has been really well in the recent years for scouts, less for adults leaders.
- There is one lady who is really knowledgable about uniform and book, even with a cheatsheet. Others rely on her to answer questions.
Pleasant Hill Scout Shop (800 Ellinwood Way, Pleasant Hill) – http://www.mdscbsa.org/about/council/scout-shop/
- Since this is the official BSA shop for our council, they are most likely to have everything you need and they have staff that can answer your questions.
- They also have a service (for a fee) that sews on the patches for you. See “Patch Placement” section below for a recommendation for a local place that sews on the patches.
East Bay Scout Shop (1001 Davis Street, San Leandro) – http://www.sfbac.org/about/ebscoutshop
- Since this is an official BSA store, they should have everything you need except they likely do not have the Mt Diablo Silverado Council patch (since this store is associated with another council). The staff will be able to answer all of your questions.
Online – https://www.scoutshop.org/
- You can shop online, but it is difficult to get everything you need online and you cannot see the shirt sizes.
- It is a good place to go to see what the items you need to buy look like.
Here is a local place that sews on the cub scout patches for about $2/patch. They are very knowledgeable with regards to patch placement and have the uniform templates available in the shop for reference. The official BSA scout stores also provide this service, but the fee is a little higher.
Crow Canyon Alterations
3104 Crow Canyon Place #B2