We will visit the food bank where our Scouting for Food goes to. The event will have an hour long project of packing and sorting food for the needy and a tour of the Food Bank. If you went last year, please allow for others to attend as space is limited to only 40 spots. Additional communications will be sent out if there is still available spots remaining.
Scouts please wear your class A uniforms.
Food Bank of Contra Costa, Contra Costa Warehouse
4010 Nelson Avenue
Concord, CA 94582
November 24, 2019
Important information from the food bank:
- The registration is under Minh Luong. Everyone is required to sign in when they arrive at the Volunteer Sorting Room.
- Clothing: Wear comfy pants (jeans are great!). No shorts. Layers encouraged. Team shirts are great. We can help you take pictures for your website.
- IMPORTANT: Closed-toe shoes required.
- No food or drink allowed in the sorting room or warehouse.
- Parking is limited. Carpooling encouraged.
- Concord Warehouse: We are located at 4010 Nelson Avenue (94520) in Concord. Parking is highly limited and carpooling is encouraged. Follow the signs to the Volunteer Entrance, located at the back of the building where the trucks are parked. Look for the Volunteer Entrance sign on the far right-hand side of the building. Enter there to get to the Volunteer Sorting Room where you will sign-in.
- Thank you! The Food Bank relies on volunteers and donors to help us serve 1 in 8 people living in Contra Costa and Solano Counties. We are grateful for the support of our volunteers, who are critical to our mission to lead the fight to end hunger, in partnership with our community and in service to our neighbors in need.
- Want to learn more? Click here to learn what our Food Bank does: https://www.foodbankccs.org/about/what-we-do.html