STEM Night Ops Program aboard the USS Hornet
Ever wonder how an aircraft carrier works? Come aboard and experience a night in the life of a sailor on a WWII aircraft carrier! Pack your sleeping bag and toothbrush and prepare for an unforgettable night of STEM learning!
During the Night Ops Overnight students will visit select areas of the ship to see various spaces and systems and discuss the science and engineering behind them. As the students move around the ship, they will participate in several hands-on science stations and demonstrations by our STEM Team to illustrate the science behind USS Hornet.
All STEM Night Ops Guests must be at least 7 years old.
WHEN: Program starts 11/1/2019 (Friday) at 6PM
WHERE: 707 W Hornet Ave, Alameda, CA 94501
COST: The price for this adventure is $80 per person attending (Adults, Scouts, and Siblings are the same price and much each purchase a ticket)
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
This ultimate overnight adventure offers:
- Sleep in restored sleeping compartments where the real Hornet crew lived
- Enjoy Dinner and Breakfast in the Crew’s Mess
- Learn about this famous aircraft carrier’s daring exploits
- Tour key areas in the ship and the historical naval aircraft on board
- Learn about NASA’s Apollo 11 and Apollo 12 space missions that put the first humans on the Moon
- Ride the Flight Simulator
- Earn a special crew member Patch & Certificate!
- Ample Free Parking
Please indicate clearly if you prefer a Vegetarian meal. Guests with food allergy concerns are strongly encouraged to pack their own meals. Vegan, Gluten-Free, or Kosher meals are unavailable – guests with these special diets should plan to pack their own meals.
What’s the refund policy?
- This event is non-refundable